In the current plast bottle industry, there is a distinct trend towards lightweight packaging and the demand for PET bottle packaging. The interest has never been higher, Polyethylene terephthalate (PET) bottle packaging, which is part of the polyester family, is looking strong as consumers and businesses increasingly look for agile but durable solutions for their packaging demands. PET packaging offers a range of advantages as outlined below:
Benefits of PET Packaging
- 100% recyclable
- Shock resistant: PET bottles don’t smash or break making them safer for consumers
- Size and weight: PET bottles are considerably smaller and lightweight, so they store easily and travel well
- Design versatility: PET bottles can be easily produced in a range of colours
- Sustainable: PET packaging increases the shelf life of contents due to its excellent barrier characteristics. Organic products and cosmetics packed in PET last longer as this type of material forms a sufficient barrier against temperature and UV light
PET plastic can be fully recycled across the UK & Europe. The symbol on the side or bottom of the bottle tells recyclable plants which plastic it is and where to position the bottles for washing (Washing is a term used by recycling plants to break recycle plastic). This identifies the type of plastic resin used to make the item by providing a ‘Resin Identification Code’. It is represented with a ‘chasing arrows’ symbol surrounding the number between 1 and 7 that defines the resin used.
Size & Weight
PET bottles are extremely light, yet very strong and robust. Delivering thousands across the nation is cheaper with transport and fuel costs. Sizes of PET bottles can range from 15ml all the way up to 500ml with Raepak. We even stock several sizes that can be dispatched the same day for delivery.
Design & Versatility
We hold a range of stock items that include the most popular designs in the industry, including:
- Boston Round Clear PET Bottles
- Flat Base Boston Clear PET Bottles
- Tall Boston Clear PET Bottles
- Tall Square Clear PET Bottles
- Tubular Clear PET Bottles
- Bell Clear PET Bottles
- Cylindrical Clear PET Bottles
These can be used for a wide range of liquid types. If you would like something bespoke, please get in touch with one of our account managers. We would love to take the lead on your next packaging project.
PET = Protective, Economical, Tough.
Commerical & Domestic Uses For PET Bottles
PET plastic bottles can be perfect for a range of liquid products including:
- Health and beauty products
- Oils and serums
- Commercial or household chemicals
The properties of PET plastic make the storing of different liquid types a perfect solution. Consumers can also use their domestic recycling facilities to discard the finished bottle correctly.
Compatible Bottle Caps
PET plastic bottles can also be mixed and matched with a wide variety of bottle top caps and closures. This includes standard screw caps, flip top caps, child-resistant (CR) caps, disc top caps, spout caps, mini trigger sprays, lotion dispensing pumps and atomiser sprays.
For more packaging education, information or help on our wide range of PET bottles, please get in touch as we are happy to talk through all your options.