Polyethylene terephthalate (PET or PETE) is the most common thermoplastic polymer resin of the polyester family and is used in containers for liquids and foods. PET is commonly recycled and has the number “1” as its Resin Identification Code (RIC). Here is a list of benefits about why you may need to use PET Bottles:
- PET bottles are 100% recyclable
- PET is an excellent water and moisture barrier material keeping its contents fresh
- These bottles can be made to have an opaque, frosted or solid colour appearance
- PET bottles can be colour matched and have a selection of product decoration options that can be applied
- PET can easily be moulded into different shapes and sizes
- PET bottles do not shatter and cause a hazard if damaged
- PET bottles are very light in weight making them cost-effective to produce and require less energy for distribution and supply
- Glass like clarity which is ideal for displaying products and is an alternative to using glass bottles
- Strong and lightweight
- PET bottles to contain PCR (Post Consumer Recyclable) material which is more sustainable
- Diverse range of sizes can be manufactured from 25ml to 500ml
- Good barrier characteristics against carbon dioxide and oxygen
We would always recommend you do your own testing, but PET has the following levels of resistance against certain chemicals;
- Excellent against – hydrogen peroxide and sodium chloride
- Very good against – alcohol and weak acids
- Good against – Methyl Ethyl Ketone, minerals oils, essential oils and ethyl acetate
- Poor against – Acetone.
PET Bottle Colour Matching
Raepak offer a colour matching service for it’s range of PET bottles. This means we can create the perfect colour for your product. An impeccable solution for brand guidelines and creating the desired effect. You can also consider an iconic decor and bring something new to the market.
Solid colour matching the PET bottles.
Solid matching colour options can be used to work with the bottle label. This effect can make a product distinguishable againsts the competition.
Transparent colour matching the PET bottles.
PET can be coloured matched while keeping its glass like transparent appearance. This is a beautiful way to make the contents appear a different colour. However, once the liquid is dispensed, a white or transparent appearance can still exist.
Colour matching the contents to work with transparent PET bottles.
Colour matching can also be achieved through the liquid contents. This works with a transparent finish. This may help to drive down cost or achieve the desired look to work with your vision.
PET Plastic Bottle Variations
Raepak offer a huge range of PET plastic bottle sizes, designs and stock bottles. The stock bottles can be delivered within 24-48 hours. You can also mix and match dispensing pumps and caps to come up with the perfect design.
PET plastic bottle decoration options
Once decided on the design of your bottle and matching cap or dispensing pump. You might want to consider a wide range of product decoration options. Some of the most popular considerations include: Iridescent Inks, Super High Gloss, Trans Coloured, High Gloss and Pearlescent Pigments. For more information on even more options, please get in touch.